Thursday, November 29, 2007

Black Friday Stress

We've already begun our shift of no purchasing. Now instead of finding myself thinking what we "need" for the house, I keep trying to figure out what else we could get rid of that we don't use or need. It's so freeing to try reducing the clutter instead of figuring out new ways to cram more in. We had been at this no purchasing thing for not even 2 weeks when black Friday came along. Like so many others, we went out to see if we could find any deals (trying to focus on what we were going to buy anyway for Christmas gifts). I've got to say, it stressed me out more than shopping has in a long time. I'm already getting used to thinking we don't need things and just browsing kicks up the desires for "stuff". Of course there is also the annoyance of how ridiculous some things are.

Heidi

No comments: